National Automobile Dealers Association
The NADA Story
The NADA story began in 1917 when 30 auto dealers traveled to the nation’s capital to convince Congress not to impose a luxury tax on the automobile. They successfully argued that the automobile is a necessity of American life, not a luxury. From that experience was born the National Automobile Dealers Association. Today, NADA represents nearly 16,000 new car and truck dealers, with 32,500 franchises, both domestic and international.
NADA membership is open to any new-automobile or new-truck dealership holding a new automobile or truck sales and service franchise.
- Represents new-car and -truck dealers -- both domestic and international franchises -- on Capitol Hill and in the regulatory and public arenas;
- Provides counsel on legal and regulatory matters;
- Represents dealers interests with car and truck manufacturers;
- Develops research data on the retail automobile industry;
- Offers extensive training programs to improve dealership business operations, sales and service practices via NADA University;
- Operates the National Automobile Dealers Charitable Foundation that distributes funds donated by dealers and friends of the industry to emergency/medical and educational organizations and private-sector colleges and universities; and
- Offers employee benefit plans through its retirement services group, NADART.
|Over a 79-year history, NADA Used Car Guide has earned its reputation as the leading provider of accurate vehicle valuations and auction data. NADA offers a wide range of vehicle values, including those for used passenger car, light-duty and commercial truck, motorcycle, classic car and many more specialty vehicles. Available in a variety of delivery methods, NADA’s products and services are used daily throughout the auto, finance, fleet-lease, government and insurance industries. For more information, visit www.nada.com/b2b.|
|NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks|
|NADART provides and administers 401(k), pension and profit-sharing plans and has done so since 1957. Nearly 2,300 auto dealers and 110,000 participants use NADART for their retirement plan needs. NADART has expanded its scope to offer retirement plans and complete plan administration services to companies other than NADA members. NADART retirement plans are offered at lower costs than competitors with comparable services. NADART services include 24-hour account access, on-site consulting services, complete plan administration services, low-cost educational workshops and a toll-free information hotline.|
NADA University equips dealers and their teams to get results with the right knowledge, information, coaching and resources to develop both skills and confidence. Visit www.NADAuniversity.com for more details on these NADA U centers: ACADEMY, LEARNING HUB, 20 GROUP and RESOURCE TOOLBOX.
More about NADA
- What We Do
- NADA Leadership
- Code of Ethics
- Advertising/Vendor Opportunities
- NADA Charities
- The NADA Story: America's Resilient Auto Retailer