Commercial Truck Dealers Roll into New Orleans for ATD Convention
NEW ORLEANS, La. (Jan. 25, 2014) – Retailers of heavy-duty trucks have rolled into New Orleans for the 51st annual American Truck Dealers (ATD) Convention & Expo.
Convention-goers can choose from a “State of the Truck Industry” super workshop, social-media and networking opportunities, manufacturers’ meetings, and exhibits by suppliers of goods and services that support truck dealerships.
On Saturday and Sunday the prestigious awards “Truck Dealer of the Year,” “ATD Commercial Truck of the Year,” and “ATD Heavy Duty Truck of the Year” will be presented. Other highlights include upcoming keynote addresses by the following:
• Lt. General Russel L. Honore (Ret.), commander of the Joint Task Force Katrina and Global Preparedness Authority, who led the Department of Defense response to hurricanes Katrina and Rita that hit Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana;
• American Trucking Associations Chairman Philip Byrd;
• ATD Chairman Dick Witcher, CEO of Minuteman Trucks in Walpole, Mass. and
• Incoming ATD Chairman Eric Jorgensen, president/CEO of JX Enterprises, Hartland, Wis.
The ATD convention, which runs concurrently with the National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo, concludes Jan. 27.
• Click here for complete coverage of the 2014 NADA/ATD Convention & Expo